- Category: Allah - The One and Only God
- Hits: 22867
Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) described the greatness of Allaah in the most beautiful way:
· “He is controlling the affairs of all the kingdoms.
· He commands and prohibits, creates and gives provision, and gives death and gives life.
· He raises and lowers people’s status, alternates night and day, gives days (good and not so good) to men by turns, and causes nations to rise and fall, so that one nation vanishes and another emerges.
· His command and decree are carried out throughout the heavens and on earth, above it and below it, in the oceans and in the air. He has knowledge of all things and knows the number of all things.
· He hears all voices, and does not mistake one for another; He hears them all, in all the different languages and with all their varied requests and pleas. No voice distracts Him from hearing another, He does not confuse their requests, and He never tires of hearing the pleas of those in need. He sees all that is visible, even the walk of a black ant across a solid rock in the darkest night. The unseen is visible to Him, and secrets are known to Him…
Ibn Al-Qayyim on Shariah
Ibn Al-Qayyim, may Allah have mercy on him, said, “Indeed, the Shariah is founded upon wisdom and welfare for the servants in this life and the afterlife. In its entirety it is justice, mercy, benefit, and wisdom. Every matter which abandons justice for tyranny, mercy for cruelty, benefit for corruption, and wisdom for foolishness is not a part of the Sharia even if it was introduced therein by an interpretation.” (Source: I’lām al-Muwaqqi’īn 3/11)
قال ابن القيم رحمه الله فَإِنَّ الشَّرِيعَةَ مَبْنَاهَا وَأَسَاسُهَا عَلَى الْحِكَمِ وَمَصَالِحِ الْعِبَادِ فِي الْمَعَاشِ وَالْمَعَادِ وَهِيَ عَدْلٌ كُلُّهَا وَرَحْمَةٌ كُلُّهَا وَمَصَالِحُ كُلُّهَا وَحِكْمَةٌ كُلُّهَا فَكُلُّ مَسْأَلَةٍ خَرَجَتْ عَنْ الْعَدْلِ إلَى الْجَوْرِ وَعَنْ الرَّحْمَةِ إلَى ضِدِّهَا وَعَنْ الْمَصْلَحَةِ إلَى الْمَفْسَدَةِ وَعَنْ الْحِكْمَةِ إلَى الْبَعْثِ فَلَيْسَتْ مِنْ الشَّرِيعَةِ وَإِنْ أُدْخِلَتْ فِيهَا بِالتَّأْوِيلِ
3/11 إعلام الموقعين عن رب العالمين ابن القيم
A Selection of Articles
- The Year of Grief
- We Ask Allah to Direct us on to the Straight Way
- Generosity of the Prophet
- Allah alone do we worship and Allah alone do we turn for help
- Concept of Lord God by Aad People
- Love and Anxiety for his Ummah
- The Farewell Pilgrimage
- Prophet's Moral Teachings
- The Ideological Foundation of Islam
- Religions of the Arabs